In this post, we will do an in-depth comparison of Divi vs Wix. Want to know which is the right website builder for you? Keep reading.
Divi and Wix are extremely important and wonderful website builders which consist of innumerable features and characteristics. It offers you the most exquisite yet brilliant designs to dwell upon.
It offers its users splendid templates for their blog posts and building pages. It carries remarkable capabilities particularly in departments of SEO ( search engine optimization, which is primarily a system of enhancing your website by showcasing its relevance ).
Both the website builders can optimize and customize your pages and blogs and live up to the expectations of the customers, clients, and web designers’ standards undoubtedly.
Divi is a WordPress theme that can be accessed easily by specialists and newbies giving them the superpower or ability to create aesthetic designs with good quality and efficacy.
Whereas Wix as a building website is equally intriguing and amazing, which enables us to build our websites at a faster and quicker pace, with remarkable quality. It can be used by everyone including freelancers, agencies, website owners, etc. We have already done a detailed review of the Divi Theme. Rollover to check the Divi Theme Review complete here.
Choosing between the most renowned website builders isn’t an easy task, Wix and Divi comprise of their strengths and weaknesses. Both can design wonderful websites. In the following article, one can draw out unbiased contrast and differentiation between the two. It is for the readers to know and decide the best-suited ones to their needs.
Table of Contents
Divi vs Wix 2021: Overview
Here is a complete comparison between Divi vs Wix. Let’s see which one is better for you:
So, what is Divi exactly? Divi is the latest release, a new commodity presented by Elegant Themes. It is more than simply a WordPress theme. It claims to entirely transform the way you design websites.
Divi offers a framework that lets you entirely create and personalize every little part of your website from start to end, top to bottom. It keeps you entirely in control by assisting you in building the picture-perfect website of your imagination.
But it’s still more than just a design tool. Divi ensures that your website prospers in the right sense.
It has a variety of features to build, design, promote, and further your website to convert your traffic into leads. It is fast-paced and methodical, making it the perfect choice for amateurs and professionals, alike.
- Check out our detailed Divi Theme review and decide if it is best for you.
Wix is an easy-to-use website-building tool that allows you to design your website without any requirement for you to know to code. Everything you need for the purpose is found with Wix and so it eliminates the need to install any third-party software. All you have to do is to create and run your website in a browser, through the Wix website.
It is a cloud-based platform, which means that it can host service and access it freely through the internet. Wix has ready-to-use templates and a first of its kind Artificial Design Intelligence that will create a website that has human logic. Exciting, isn’t it?
Divi vs Wix: Common Features Compared
1. Templates and layouts editing
Divi brags a huge preference for themes. There are more than 1000 designs and templates present in different categories that users can prefer for their websites. Even in mobile phones, preferable designs work significantly.
When you don’t have any interest to use these pre-designed layouts, you can go with the majority strapping substructure with the collection of layout management devices.
Wix audience can utilize more than 550 various designs and templates. They can be amended as it comes with pre-set purposes. The themes here are separated into various categories turn on to the niches or internet site types. It’s on you to select layouts and templates for small-businesses sites, depository, or e-commerce stores.
If you are not succeeding in searching the particular theme from your category, you can go on with the other option and personalize it.
Divi audience has access to CSS designs and quality. The organization has a good collection of custom-tailored and structures and these can be loaded and corrected just in a few seconds, in a click or two.
In Wix, the programmer provides you mobile personalization devices and through this, you can blank out or visualize the elements, go with the various background, and also can revise the menu sections.
2. Logo Creator
You can add your custom logo with the help of Divi. Also, you must have a theme of designs and templates which should be combined with WordPress already. The choices and options of this Divi theme are available on the notification bar.
Besides the Wix ADI to construct websites for the users, the organization also has another choice or features that help you to design the logos without web designing skills. The device here runs likewise.
Divi can be utilized to transfer or change the current logo, make alterations to the default color pallet, add up favicon, and authorize few Divi page elements.
In Wix, the program here will instinctively give rise to many logo samples your only work is to give the program details about your plan or project and niches. Select the preferable one and adjust it with the website thoroughly, another route is to transfer the existing logo.
3. Add-ons and widgets.
As earlier said, Divi is combined with WordPress, it simply means that you can utilize this with several WP plugins from statistics and SEO development to email retailing, content cascading, and many more.
Also, it is possible with the program to combine with the third-party services into the constructor itself. The organization here comes with the passcode module where you can have already inserted in the third-party shortcodes.
Wix consists of personalizing App retail and it also consists of a huge selection of Add-ons and widgets. There are variations of third-party apps that can help personalize the internet sites and also makes sure about good customer engagement. You can also connect the various forms, CTA blocks, audience accession elements, and many more.
Divi is very comfortable to use but the combination here looks more multiplex than compare to Wix like you do not have to worry to get the passcode from anywhere.
Wix is created to touch the nook-specific necessities which include real estate, hospitality, and other services. Some of the applications here are free to use but some need subscription plans.
4.Online search engines.
Divi includes the inDividual blogging section. You can generally keep it at any place on the internet site. To allow this function, you just have to click on the “insert module” button and select the “blog” button. The segments here has the foremost three major setting choices that also cover:-
- Layouts and designs
Wix comes with a combined blogging section. The audience here can easily add up the nooks-specific blog with a simple tap. This feature prefers a diversity of devices to add-up, edit, remake, or changes the schedule posts.
If you want to make it reliable and easy to readers for the connection with the brand new content upgrades then you can remain in contact with the tag cloud, custom feeds or features posts segments.
Comparing both the platforms, the blogging functionality is strongest in both the programs with all the significant devices to manage the features and contents.
5. e-commerce Features
Divi retailing features are concentrated more on e-commerce-specialized templates and designs. They also come with the combined choices which include shopping cart options, product pages, and many more. One must know that we are having a conversation about the WordPress theme constructor.
Wix has a second name as an eCommerce-ready program. It has a vast variety for shopkeepers who are trying to open a digital store despite the size. The users here are unbound to make commerce-oriented template designs.
You get an all set online store that needs only a few changes and little modifications. Select a template design, choose your required product, add content in it, add pictures, and go live with it.
Two of the platform here works incredible and in terms of comfortability and customization.
Divi comes here with more personalized freedom for the users, and its search engine features look far-reaching for the products and Wix doesn’t need any arrangements, it is rapid to create a blog or initiate with the product. Both the platforms here are good to go and have good features.
Some unique features.
- Divi consists of original and bottom constructors with 45 drag and drops options and settings.
- Keep these settings and modules with those rows and sections to make your layout designs.
- Enhance your website’s efficiency by using A/B TESTING.
- Divi has good fluency and flexibility, it is multilingual and consists of RTL support.
- Wix has three routes to create your internet sites and these are Wix artificial design intelligence, Wix Code, and Wix editor.
- This program also consists of drag-and-drop intercession and 25 building compounds with various choices for each element.
- On relevance to your answers to the questions, the Wix ADI constructs a customized website quickly.
Divi offers prompt and responsive customer support. They claim to provide personalized support and superior quality conversations to help you overcome your doubts and be able to make optimum use of Divi.
Initially, Divi had a support forum where you could post your question or search for one and then find the answers among the ones already given or wait for a new one.
That forum is still open for use. However, recently Divi has announced that they are starting Live Chat for all the consumers. This means that now you can contact Divi and get your queries solved almost instantaneously. Since there are close to 2 million questions answered on the forum, the abundance of knowledge there is unimaginable and still available for you to access.
Live Chat option makes it easier for your query solving experience to become personal. No matter where you are on the Elegant Themes website, all you have to do it look for the pink chat icon and say hello to get in touch with the sales as well as the support team.
In case you close the chat window, due to any reason, the response will be mailed to you automatically, so you don’t even need to hang around waiting for answers. It’s that efficient!
If you wish to contact Wix for support, the site makes it easy. All you have to do is open the support option and click on the button to either submit a ticket or you can even request a callback from the team, so they can personally help you with your queries.
They offer services in multiple languages such as English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish. Each language has been given a different time frame, which is shown on the website. So, if you wish for a particular language, you can refer to their list and contact them at that time. For speedy responses, it helps if you categorize your query.
This way Wix will directly connect you to Customer Care Expert specializing in dealing with that category only. This saves time and effort. Furthermore, Wix has a Help Center that has various categories containing many questions.
You can also find yours from there and get the ready-made answer.
Divi vs Wix: The Pricing Battle
Divi offers two pricing plans, Yearly Access, and Lifetime Access. For both the plans, you can cancel or upgrade your membership anytime after signing up. Also, you can try Divi for 30 days and get a refund, if you do not enjoy its services.
Divi offers to build websites without any coding or installing multiple third-party plugins. Both plans offer equal access to:
- Themes like Extra and Plugins like Bloom and Monarch
- 24/7 support
- Regular Updates
- Guaranteed Security
- Unlimited use of Themes on various websites
1) Yearly Access: $71 per year
2) Lifetime Access: $199 one time. This plan offers a fee to be paid only once with lifetime access to the above-mentioned benefits.
Currently, their website is offering a Summer Sale of 20% discount for a very limited period.
Wix offers Premium different plans for your Website and Business & eCommerce.
WIX for Website
All website premium plans include:
- Free web hosting
- Customized icon for your website’s browser
- More storage space to upload content
- Customized Domain
- Google Analytics to track and analyze the website traffic.
- Priority support for all your queries.
There are 4 main plans under this category:
1) Connect Domain: This is the most basic plan at a price of ₹80 per month. It is billed annually and is not ad-free. This plan offers-
- Customized domain
- The bandwidth of 1GB
- 500MB storage
2) Combo plan: If you are looking at more personal use, then this is the perfect plan for you. It comes at a price of ₹125 per month, billed annually. The offerings are-
- Customized domain
- The bandwidth of 2GB
- 3GB storage
- Ad-free display
- The Domain is Free for 1 year
- 30 minutes for Video
3) Unlimited Plan: This is the most popular plan for Entrepreneurs and Freelancers for ₹185 per month. It offers-
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 10GB storage
- Customized domain
- Ad-free display
- 1-year free Domain
- 1 video hour
- Site Booster App – $60
- Google Analytics – $60
4) VIP Plan: Billed annually at ₹325 per month, this a First Priority Support plan. It comes with the same offers as the Unlimited plan with additions like-
- 20GB storage
- 2 Video hours
- Professional logo at $50
- 40+ different logos that can be used on various social media channels.
- Your queries will be solved on a priority basis.
- VIP support
WIX for Business & eCommerce
There are three plans under this category. All the plans offer have a few common benefits as under:
- Payments are accepted Online.
- Supports different payment methods like PayPal and credit cards.
- Includes SSL certificate for free thus making online shopping safe and secure.
- Provides more storage for more content creation.
- Helps you build an ad-free website.
- Build a customized domain for your website.
1) Business Basic: This plan comes at ₹225 per month and accepts online payments. The main features include-
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 20GB Storage
- 5 Video Hours
2) Business Unlimited: This popular plan helps you grow your business at a price of ₹300 per month. It is billed annually and includes-
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 20GB Storage
- 10 Video Hours
3) Business VIP: You get every feature in this plan at ₹500 per month. The features are-
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 50GB Storage
- Video hours are Unlimited
Over and above the above-mentioned benefits, the plans also offer site booster apps, Google Analytics, professional logo creation, and other various eCommerce features.
Both, Divi and Wix provide value for money. Which is best suited for you? It entirely depends on your business requirements and what exactly are you looking for in a website builder.
If you are looking to build a website on your own and save some money, then Wix would be your choice. If you are keen on getting regular updates and a 24/7 support system, then our recommendation would be Divi.
Divi vs Wix: Pros and Cons
- It has an easy to use Drag and Drop visual page builder.
- It has plenty of customizable templates and layouts which are ready to use.
- The theme can be customized with a variety of features.
- Any type of website can be built using Divi.
- Divi is value for money as it provides lifetime access which can be used on unlimited websites.
- It has numerous Tutorials which guide you if you have any queries or if you are unable to understand a certain aspect.
- The Divi theme is translated into 32 languages, thus making it accessible to a global audience.
- Any changes to the website design can be done quickly and easily without the help of a developer.
- It doesn’t have a popup builder.
- The template options are too many. This creates confusion in practical use.
- The layouts will stop working when Divi is deactivated.
- It takes a while to understand the working of this theme.
- It offers free hosting, thus giving you the freedom to create your website just as you want.
- All the features are entirely customizable allowing you to create a website as per your imagination.
- Wix comes with in-built galleries for video, photo, and audio. It offers a blog template, integration of SEO and social media, analytics, and lots more.
- It has a template for everyone’s needs. No matter what your purpose, the requirement is, you will find your creations here.
- Wix allows you to add animations to your text and other elements.
- The loading speed of Wix is not up to the mark, especially if you are using it on a mobile device.
- It is not possible to change to an entirely new template. You can make changes to the existing template, but switching over to a new one is not easy.
FAQs: Divi vs Wix
👉Is Divi SEO-friendly?
Absolutely. The multiple and varied features offered by Divi makes it not just SEO-friendly, but also the best choice for SEO writing as compared to other WordPress themes.
👉Will Divi slow down my website?
Since Divi is an entire website designing tool in itself, there is no need to depend on any other software in collaboration with Divi, such as Photoshop or Sketch. Thus, it does require more resources than other WordPress themes that are comparatively elementary. But because of its enhancements, it runs fast, and therefore there is no risk of it slowing down your website.
👉 Can editing be done in collaboration on Wix?
No. As of now, Wix does not allow more than one contributor to edit at the same time. However, features are constantly being updated and this suggestion will be noted as well.
- Divi Theme vs Divi Builder
- Oxygen vs Divi
- Divi vs Elementor
- Duda Builder Review
- Divi vs Beaver Builder
Conclusion: Divi vs Wix 2021 | Which One Should You Choose?
Divi and Wix both are splendid and outstanding examples of WordPress themes. They both are exquisite and remarkable in their ways and methods.
Divi, on one hand, is extremely popular as well As well known Website builder offering numerous themes and options like, it has specifically designed third party plugins exclusively for its users.
Divi organizes a community where interaction takes place through meetings, blog posts, videos, etc. Divi provides an option to its customers to customize their page, any column or section. It even has pre-designed templates or themes, an option of drag as drop modules, along with the option of A/ B testing & even offers a good support team.
On the other hand, Wix is equally astonishing with intelligent features. It provides us with options like drag and drop interface, offering an innumerable number of templates, with All the additional features like video, etc. Wix is flexible.
Wix offers us options like Wix code, Wix editor, and Wix artificial design. And it even holds hosting options.
Indeed, choosing Divi vs Wix is difficult, it leaves us in real amazement and confusion simultaneously. Many customers prefer Divi and Wix equally. And it’s extremely tough to know who wins over what attribute.
The readers and users can aptly decide the required WordPress theme to one’s needs. Therefore, these webpage builders are equally magnificent and elegant.